How to get in contact with us
Your first option
Make an appointment with your doctor and ask for a referral to a psychologist.
Your doctor should provide you with two things:
- A Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP): This is what entitles you to a Medicare Rebate. A MHCP has 10 sessions attached to it for one year. Once you have attended 6 of these sessions, we write a letter to your doctor where you will then need to attend to get a re-referral, which allows us access to the remaining sessions. Your doctor can grant up to 6 sessions each time, however you are only eligible to receive 10 rebates per year.
There will always be an out-of-pocket expense for attending, however a MHCP grants a partial credit back from the upfront fee. The out-of-pocket cost will depend on your Medicare threshold. To find out the exact rebate you are entitled to, please contact Medicare directly.
- A Referral Letter: This is what allows us to see you under the MHCP. The Referral Letter will have specific wording that is required by Medicare for us to be able to process your rebate. It is important that you obtain both a Referral and MHCP if you decide to attend your GP.
Your second option
Email us, also known as a ‘self-referral’.
When emailing us, you will need to provide basic information about yourself or your child, as well as a brief description of your concerns, what you are seeking from seeing a psychologist and contact details.
- Your information will be added to our waiting list, and you will receive an acknowledgement to let you know once we have your email!
- Your information is reviewed and allocated to one of our psychologists best suited to your needs.
- When an opening becomes available, we will contact you to arrange a session. There may be an option for you to obtain a Mental Health Care Plan in order to get a rebate. We will advise you if this is the case. The next steps will be provided to you on the phone call, and then confirmed via email.